Freshly baked Churro Cake with Hot Chocolate Sauce, made with a classic vanilla cake recipe covered in melted butter and cinnamon sugar.
For the cake
- 1 cup (227 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups (400 grams) granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups + 2 1/2 tbsp (360 grams) all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup (8 fl oz) whole milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
For the cinnamon sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
For the melted chocolate
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
For the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Prepare a bundt pan with (extra) butter and flour, or baking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Add one egg at a time, beating on medium-high, until fully combined. Add in the vanilla and continue beating.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Reduce the speed to low and begin adding the flour and milk, alternating 3 times starting and ending with flour. Do not over beat.
- Pour batter into the pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10-15 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
For the cinnamon sugar: In a small bowl, combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon. Brush the cake with melted butter and coat with sugar mixture, pressing gently with your hands. Serve with chocolate sauce.
For the chocolate sauce: In a microwave safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Heat in 30 second increments, mixing in between until the chocolate is fully melted. Allow to cool a bit before pouring over the cake. It will set within an hour.
Keywords: churro cake, hot chocolate sauce, bundt cake