Easy and delicious pineapple upside-down cake! The perfect summer snack to enjoy with friends and family.
- 1 box white cake mix, I used Betty Crocker
- 2 cans pineapple slices, drained, juice reserved
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 eggs, or as called for in box
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil, or as called for in box
- Fresh Whipped Cream
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a 13×9 pan, melt butter in the oven. Sprinkle brown sugar over melted butter, and arrange the pineapple slices pressing gently on the sugar.
- Follow the instructions on the cake box. Make cake batter using the pineapple juice instead of the amount of water called for in the instructions. I used 1 1/4 cup of the pineapple juice.
- Pour batter over pineapples and smooth out the top using an angled spatula.
- Bake for 40 minutes (following instructions on box) or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool. Run a knife around the edges of the pan before turning over onto a serving plate.
- Serve cold. Enjoy!
*Traditional Pineapple Upside-down Cakes include Maraschino cherries. I prefer without, but if you love them, add right after arranging the pineapple slices on the pan (step 3).
Keywords: upside down pineapple cake