This silky and creamy Panna Cotta made with matcha green tea makes an impressive yet simple dessert. Serve with fresh whipped cream and black sesame brittle for a soft and crunchy balance.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tsp gelatin
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp matcha, ceremonial grade
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Toppings (optional)
- Fresh whipped cream
- Black sesame seed brittle
- Lightly grease 4 ramekins and set aside.
- Pour half the milk into a cup and sprinkle the gelatin on top. Stir and allow to bloom.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium-low heat, pour the heavy cream, vanilla, sugar and matcha powder and whisk to combine.
- Pour in bloomed gelatin and cream mixture and stir.
- Continue cooking and whisking occasionally until barely simmering.
- Remove pan from heat and divide cream mixture among 4 ramekins and allow to come to room temperature.
- Chill ramekins, covered, overnight.
- When ready to serve, dip each ramekin into a bowl with hot water for 5 seconds. Invert ramekin onto a serving plate. Top with fresh whipped cream and sesame brittle.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: matcha panna cotta