Insanely delicious tahini chocolate chunk oatmeal cookies! These gluten free cookies are topped with drool worthy chocolate puddles and sprinkled with sea salt – perfect snack ever!
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 1 cup bread flour, sub for 1-1 baking gluten free flour, for GF
- 1 cup all purpose flour, sub for 1-1 baking gluten-free flour, for GF
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- 1 cup pecans chopped, or preferred nuts
- 4 oz dark chocolate
- Sea salt flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the tahini, butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar, and beat until combined.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, and vanilla extract, and mix until everything is well blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients – bread flour, all purpose flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture. Beat until combined.
- Mix in the oats.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks and pecans (if using!)
- Cover wit plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Using a cookie scoop or your hands, scoop out the dough and gently roll into balls. Place onto lined baking sheets.
- Press the balls down a bit, so that the top is a little flat, and add a piece of dark chocolate on top.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on baking pan for 5 minutes, before transferring to cooling rack.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and enjoy!