- 6 large hot dog buns (I used hoagie rolls)
- 6 jumbo 100% beef hot dogs
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- Garlic sauce, recipe follows
- Salsa Rosana (pink sauce), recipe follows
- Potato sticks
- Queso añejo or cotija cheese
For the Garlic Sauce:
- 1 cup mayo
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the Salsa Rosada:
- 5 tbsp mayo
- 5 tbsp ketchup
- 3 drops Worcestershire
For the hot dogs:
- Boil beef hot dogs for 5-6 minutes. Meanwhile, toast the buns in the oven for 5 minutes at 350ºF.
- Add the cooked beef hot dogs to each bun, top with cabbage along one side and chopped onion along the other. Top with a tablespoon of garlic sauce, drizzle equal amounts of salsa rosada (pink sauce), ketchup and mayo. Add a handful of potato sticks and sprinkle queso añejo or cotija on top. Enjoy!
For the Garlic Sauce: in a food processor, combine all ingredients and pulse on high for 1-2 minutes until desired consistency. Refrigerate until ready to use.
For the Salsa Rosada (Pink Sauce): in a small bowl, combine ingredients and mix. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dinner, Lunch
- Cuisine: Venezuelan, Hispanic
Keywords: perro caliente venezolano, Venezuelan hot dogs, street hot dogs