Warm Almond and Berries Baked Oatmeal sweetened with maple and brown sugar and topped with fresh berries. A cozy breakfast casserole for the whole family!
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups berries, I used a mix of raspberries and blackberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Butter a 9×9-inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, almond butter, 1/4 cup chopped almonds, 1/4 cup brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine the melted and cooled butter, milk, eggs, vanilla extract and maple syrup. Pour over the oat mixture and sprinkle remaining brown sugar on top.
- Add the berries and the remaining 1/4 cup of almonds.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until oatmeal has absorbed the liquid and is golden brown.
- Serve warm. Enjoy!
Keywords: breakfast recipe, baked oatmeal