These gooey almond butter chocolate chunk cookie bars are easy to make and absolutely delicious! Made with a few ingredients and ready in less than 30 minutes!
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour, sub for 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 3 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven at 350ºF. Grease and line a 9×13″ pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the room temp butter and light brown sugar until creamy and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients; ap flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda and salt. Add to the wet mixture and mix until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and transfer to prepared pan. Arrange the chopped chocolate on top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until toothpick comes out clean, you’re looking for a light golden top.
Keywords: almond butter bars, cookie bars