A healthy-ish Almond Butter Skillet Banana Bread that’s delicious and easy to make with simple pantry ingredients and lots of chocolate chips.
- 2 cups all purpose flour, or 1:1 gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 ripe bananas, about 2 cups, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup natural, creamy almond butter
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease a 10-inch skillet with butter or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment (or hand held mixer), beat the butter, light brown sugar and sugar until soft and creamy.
- Add in eggs, mashed bananas, vanilla and almond butter, mixing on low.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix using a spatula until fully incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips. Transfer to prepared skillet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
Keywords: almond butter banana bread, skillet banana bread, chocolate chip banana bread