This warm Triple Chocolate Dutch Baby with a puffy center and crispy edges, served with chocolate ice cream, makes the perfect shareable dessert any time of the year!
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, for pan
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dutch-process cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 4 tbsp chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Topping ideas (optional):
- Chocolate or vanilla ice cream
- Chocolate chips
- Butterscotch chips
- Chocolate syrup
- Dulce de leche
- Preheat oven to 425F. Place 1 tablespoon of butter in a 10″ or 12-inch oven-safe pan or cast iron, and melt in the oven careful not to burn. About 2-3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk 4 eggs, add milk and brown sugar. Combine flour, cocoa and salt. Whisk until fully incorporated. Fold in the chocolate hazelnut spread and chocolate chips. Transfer to pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm and top with ice cream, chocolate chips and a drizzle of dulce de leche.
Keywords: triple chocolate dutch baby, dutch baby, dutch baby pancake