This recipe was inspired by the hot summer days here in LA. I wanted to create something that required as little oven as possible and that could please every possible craving at the same time. So here it is, a creamy and fresh coconut cream tart with a salty pretzel crust, topped with the best seasonal fruits; figs and berries.
Although cooling time can take around 8 hours, it only calls for 10 minutes of cooking (and sweating in the kitchen) and about 15 min of total prep. It’s super easy to make and a great summery dessert.
Make sure to tag me @yogaofcooking #yogaofcooking if you make it so I can see your beautiful tarts!
Coconut Cream Tart
Perfectly creamy coconut cream tart with a salty, crunchy pretzel crust. Serve with fresh figs and your favorite berries.
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
For the Pretzel Crust
- 8 oz unsalted pretzels ((1 bag))
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 12 tbsp butter (melted)
For the Filling
- 2 cans coconut cream (refrigerated overnight)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp (1 packet) gelatin powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
For the Top
- 5 fresh figs
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 325 F. Grease a 9-inch springform cake pan and line with parchment paper.
- Make the Crust: In a food processor or high-speed blender, crush the pretzels until coarsely ground. Add the brown sugar, followed by the melted butter and pulse until it fully combined. The mixture should resemble wet sand. Press onto the bottom of the cake pan. Bake for 15 and set aside.
- Make the Filling: in a small saucepan pour the coconut cream and gelatin powder, and cook for 5 minutes until the mixture softens.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, maple syrup, salt and vanilla extract. Add to the coconut cream mixture and simmer for 10 minutes, whisking constantly until it begins to thicken. Allow to cool for an hour and pour into the cooled crust. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours, nut preferably overnight.
- Just prior to serving, prep the figs and blueberries and place on top.
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: american
Made this the other day and it was delicious! Took me a bit longer to get the coconut mixture to thicken, but it all worked out perfectly in the end. Thanks for sharing!