Mini pumpkin tarts bursting with fall flavors and infused with CBD oil. So simple and so good!
This post is sponsored by KOI CBD. All opinions are my own.
Everyone’s favorite baking season is finally here! And with it comes all the pumpkin spice desserts and fall flavors we’ve been waiting for a while. These pumpkin mini tarts infused with CBD will become your go-to treat during the upcoming months as the weather cools down.
This recipe is very simple and *almost* no bake. The crust is absolutely delicious, made with gluten free oats and pecans, and mixed with maple syrup and coconut oil.
The filling is even more delicious, as it is infused with KOI Natural CBD Oil. It’s made with canned pumpkin and condensed milk, and of course, pumpkin pie spice.
If you’re into baking with CBD, there’s 2 other recipes on the blog and honestly, I can’t pick a favorite cause they’re all SO GOOD!
Read below to learn how to bake with CBD oil. If it’s your first time taking CBD (of any kind), make sure to start with the smallest amount and to check with your doctor just in case.
a note on cbd oil:
Koi CBD is 100% Natural, 99%+ Pure CBD manufactured in an ISO Certified Lab and contains No THC (0%) – the stuff that makes you high. Koi uses only the highest quality ingredients available, and Koi is Lab Tested for purity, consistency, and safety. Each batch of their CBD has full traceability from the start, to the finished product. Koi Naturals provides the incredible benefits of cannabinoids and 13 distinct terpenes.
In short, CBD oil will not make you high, but it may help relieve symptoms of anxiety and pain (source: HuffPost). Please consult your doctor before using if you have any medical conditions or are simply concerned.
tips for baking with cbd oil
KOI tinctures are perfect for baking as they have been infused with coconut oil, and come in a variety of flavors – including natural (which is what I used for this recipe).
How much you add to your baked goods depends on the amount or dosage per serving. If it’s your first time, I’d suggest adding the smallest suggested amount. For these Mini Pumpkin Tarts, I added 1 full dropper (the suggested amount per person is 1-3 full droppers a day). You can add up to 3 full droppers for 6 mini tarts and it’d still be considered safe.
How to make Mini Pumpkin Tarts
Here are some tips on how to make these super easy mini pumpkin tarts.
To make the crust:
- For this crust I used gluten free rolled oats, but you can use any type of oats you have. These are just my favorite ones to use.
- I used pecans, but if you have an allergy or simply don’t like them, sub for any other type of nuts or add the same amount in oats.
- Make sure your coconut oil is thick and not melted.
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor until it resembles wet sand. If your crust is too dry, add more coconut oil (1 tablespoon at a time) until you get the right texture.
- Press the mixture against the bottom and sides of the mini tart pans and bake for 10-15 minutes until golden.
For the Filling:
- Gather all your ingredients before you start cooking, as it comes together really fast.
- Use room temperature eggs and beat before adding to the mixture.
- If using the CBD oil, add it last after you have removed the mixture from the heat. And whisk until fully incorporated.
For the Meringue topping:
As you know I love decorating with meringue, so here are my go-to tips:
- The most important tip here is to make sure your egg whites are room temperature. I prefer separating the eggs while cold, and then allowing them to come to room temperature before whisking.
- Beat the egg whites and salt, at low speed, until combined. Add the cream of tartar and sugar, and beat at medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. About 5-8 minutes.
- Fill your piping bag with tip #1 and pipe deliberately onto the tarts. You can brown the meringue tips in the oven, but for more control and prettier results use a kitchen torch.
looking for fall recipes? check these out!
I’m so happy you’re making one of my recipes, and would love to see how it turns out! Share it on Instagram using #yogaofcooking so I can see it, it always makes my day!
Happy Fall Baking! xoPrint
* This post is sponsored by KOI CBD. All content, including recipe, photos, and words are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep Yoga of Cooking, mindful.