This is by far my most requested recipe!! I’m so excited to finally share it with you. If you love chocolate and happen to be obsessed with Dulce de Leche (for whatever reason!), then this recipe is for you!
I’m not sure where the idea came from, I haven’t had these before but I had been wanting to add some latin flavor to this blog. Dulce de Leche is very common in South America (where I grew up), and sometimes I find myself missing the stuff I used to eat. So I decided to mix 2 of my favorite things and here it is!
Fair warning: this is pretty sweet so feel free to reduce the amount of dulce de leche to your liking. I went with the whole can for extra gooeyness but it also works with just half. It’s also very addicting, especially on a late Friday date night in.
Hope you love them as much as I do! And as always, please share your creations with me using the hashtag #yogaofcooking. I’d love to see what you make!
Layer up your traditional brownies with gooey and fudgy Dulce de Leche! These brownies are thick and super rich and super easy to make. Ready in 35 minutes!
- 14 tbsp butter (7oz)
- 7 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 eggs (whisked)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 can Dulce de Leche (you can use half, too!)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and line an 8” square pan with parchment paper.
2. Set up a bain marie and melt chocolate chips and butter together. Remove once melted and stir well to combine. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
3. Combine eggs, dark and light brown sugar and vanilla and add to the chocolate mixture. stirring vigorously.
4. In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder and add to wet mixture. Stir until well blended.
5. Measure half the batter and pour into the prepared pan.
6. Pour the dulce de leche over the chocolate batter and spread evenly.
7. Add remaining batter and spread carefully.
8. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean, about 30 min.
9. Sprinkle the top with sea salt (optional).
10. Allow to cool completely before removing from pan and cutting. Enjoy!