Homemade nutty chocolate chunk granola made with wholesome ingredients such as hazelnut, pistachios and coconut. Simple, easy and delicious.
Homemade granola is one of the easiest and healthiest snacks you can make. Sure store bought is easier, but often comes with less than ideal ingredients. I’ve been making this nutty chocolate chunk granola for a while and it’s become a weekly recipe in our home.
If you love nuts and chocolate, and a hint of orange, you’re going to love it, too! Read the easy steps below for tips on how to make and store this granola.
How to make this Nutty Chocolate Chunk Granola
Homemade granola is easy to make and so much healthier than store bought. Below is a list of ingredients I used to make this Nutty Chocolate Chunk Granola. Feel free to use the nuts and seeds you love, keeping the same ratios.
Ingredients to make Nutty Chocolate Chunk Granola
- Rolled oats, I prefer gluten-free
- Maple syrup
- Coconut oil
- A variety of nuts, such as: hazelnuts, almonds, pistachios
- Seeds, such as: sunflower seeds
- Chocolate chunks, I prefer dairy-free but use what you love
- Orange zest, optional, but highly recommended especially if you add chocolate
- Coconut flakes
Instructions to make Nutty Chocolate Chunk Granola
Two simple steps:
- Combine all ingredients except the chocolate chunks and sea salt. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 300F for 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes. Cool for 2 hours.
- Once cooled, mix in the chocolate chunks and sprinkle sea salt.
How to store homemade Granola
Tip: you can freeze granola, and granola bars just as you would cookie dough. I personally haven’t tried it but I don’t see why not!
Looking for healthy treats? Check these out:
Happy Baking! xPrint