Easy and delicious almond and oats pancakes for busy mornings! These pancakes are vegan, gluten free and naturally sweetened.
Not all pancakes are created equal. Some are thick and buttery, others thin and healthy – like these Almond and Oats Pancakes!
These pancakes are made with gluten free ingredients, they are vegan and naturally sweetened, perfect for a healthy breakfast any day of the week. Make a batch and enjoy!
For other pancake recipes, check out my:
How to make Easy Almond & Oat Pancakes
This recipe is so simple, made with clean ingredients you likely have at home. For these pancakes I used:
- Gluten Free Flour: Bob’s Red Mill GF 1-1 Baking Flour. You can use same amount of all purpose flour if you don’t have a gluten sensitivity.
- Almond Milk, you can use your preferred nut milk, too.
- Gluten Free Rolled Oats*: my favorite ones are from Trader Joe’s and Bob’s Red Mill.
- Melted Coconut Oil: to melt, place in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds.
- Chia and flax seeds
- Maple syrup
- And baking powder
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl to form a smooth and thick batter. Grease a small non-stick pan with coconut oil. Spoon about 1/2 cup into pan and using the back of a spoon (or a wooden spatula) spread until smooth. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side, until golden.
How to Make Homemade Oat Flour:
To make oat flour at home, simply place the oats in a food processor. Pulse until they are ground until a powder-like consistency. This takes about a minute.
Best Toppings for Pancakes
There are so many topping options when it comes to pancakes. Here are my favorites:
- You can simply use melted butter
- Maple syrup
- Pancake syrup
- Melted Chocolate: simply melt 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and 1/2 tsp coconut oil, in the microwave, for 30 second increments.
- Nut butter
- Fruits such as: berries, oranges and sliced bananas
For more breakfast recipes, check out my:
I’m so happy you’re making one of my recipes, and would love to see how it turns out! Share it on Instagram using #yogaofcooking so I can see it, it always makes my day! Or leave a comment below!
Happy Baking! x
- 2 1/4 cup almond milk, or preferred nut milk
- 2 1/4 cup 1-1 gluten free baking flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted, plus more for greasing
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp flax meal
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- Berries such as raspberries and blackberries
- Melted Chocolate
- 1/4 cup gluten free chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- In a food processor, pulse the oats until they are ground into a powder-like consistency. This takes about a minute.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients to form a thick batter.
- Melt 1 tsp coconut oil in a pan over low heat. Once melted, add 1/2 cup of the batter and spread using the back of a spoon.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until golden, flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with maple syrup and your favorite berries or a sliced banana.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave, for 30 second increments, stopping to stir.
- Top with berries and drizzle melted chocolate when ready to eat.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: breakfast
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: easy almond oat pancakes, gluten free pancakes, oatmeal pancake