Smooth and creamy chocolate hummus recipe ready in 5 minutes. This dessert hummus pairs well with fruits and pretzels.
Making chocolate hummus is super simple and takes about 5 minutes. This recipe is inspired by my favorite hummus from Trader Joe’s (a grocery store in the US!). We usually get it when we’re entertaining friends, or on a Sunday afternoon when we want a sweet snack. This version isn’t as sweet as the original, and I prefer it this way. Feel free to add more maple syrup if you like.
How to make Chocolate Hummus
This chocolate hummus is made with canned chickpeas, tahini, maple syrup, vanilla, salt and cocoa (dutch process). You can make it in a blender or food processor, by combining all the ingredients and pureeing for about 1 minute until smooth. Add 1 tablespoon of water at a time until desired consistency, I usually use 2.
Tips to make Chocolate Hummus
- Drain the chickpeas and discard the water
- Sift the cocoa powder for a smoother hummus
- Use drippy tahini, not the thick paste. If you only have a thick paste, add more water.
- I prefer mine with maple syrup, but the original version calls for powdered sugar. You can try adding 1/4 cup of powdered sugar (at a time) if you prefer or don’t have maple at home.
- I serve mine with chocolate syrup, edible gold and chocolate salt, only when we have guests. But generally, it looks like the photo on the right (below).
Best Food to dip in Chocolate Hummus
- Dried fruits
- Graham crackers
- Apple and banana chips
Looking for chocolate recipes? check these out!
I’m so happy you’re making one of my recipes, and would love to see how it turns out! Share it on Instagram using #yogaofcooking so I can see it, it always makes my day!Print